Sunday, August 5, 2012

Youtube got me!!

Wow has it really been that long?! I will try to get back on my blogging buzz...anyway I did something I thought I would never do I posted a video on youtube :O Actually it as an original poem I wrote about why I love my hair. What made me succumb to the youtube video posting bug...hmmm a contest. Naptural85 who happens to be my favorite hair blogger/vlogger (no I'm not saying this to win the contest either lol; it won't help)is having a huge giveaway and she is giving away some good quality stuff. So I decided to take a shot and enter instead of just sitting on the sidelines watching. But it's so weird seeing my name up there under a video I rarely comment on youtube I get my info (mostly D.I.Y. tutorials) and go, but I do subscribe to alot of regular blogs and comment there. Anyway anyone interested here is the poem I wrote (please do not republish without permission)and you can view the video too :)


Why I Love My Hair

It's the way the Almighty adorned me
It's a characteristic of my beauty
It's the many leaves atop my tree
and like other leaves it blows willingly in the wind...
yes, my natural makes me feel free

Not succumbing to images of mainstream society, my hair makes me unique
Parading around with kinky-confidence is not for the weak

My hair is kinky-curly beautiful, its a conversation starter
Even though compared to others I may have to work a little harder

But that's ok, for like a chameleon my hair is for me ever-changing bliss
Straightened, braids, afro puff, or even twists

My textured hair can be styled, so it's beheld as art
Most other races don't have my hair; my hair sets me apart

Shea butter, oils, aloe, yogurt...my hair craves the best
and I thank the Almighty, for with this crown I have been blessed
And as I run my hand through with gentle care
I'm happy to have arrived...I Love My Hair!



No comments:

Post a Comment